United Methodist Women
Who We Are
We are a group of excited and enthusiastic women, dedicated to our mission of helping women, youth, children and families in need. As part of the national organization, we help to raise millions of dollars each year to help support UMW missions.
Women of all ages and backgrounds make up the WUMW. We are organized by small groups known as circles, which meet regularly for fellowship, personal enrichment programs, and to work on mission projects and other UMW activities. Following are brief descriptions of each of our circles with general meeting times and contact information. We invite you to consider joining the circle that best meets your needs.
- Elizabeth Circle—meets the fourth Tuesday of each month at 7:00 pm at the church or offsite. Leaders-Meg Tyler, firstname.lastname@example.org and Beth Strasser, email@example.com.
- Deborah Circle—meets the second Thursday of the month at 1:00 pm at the church. Leader-Mysa Mathews, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Naomi Circle—meets the 3rd Wednesday at 7:00 pm in the homes of circle members. Leader-Peggy Armstrong, email@example.com.
- Hannah Circle—meets the 4th Wednesday of each month at 6:30 pm at the church. Child care is provided during meetings by members of our WUMC youth program. Leaders-Angela Strous, firstname.lastname@example.org and Mel Kidder, email@example.com.
- Ruth Circle—meets the second Tuesday of the month at 9:30 am at the church. Leader-Jo Donham
- Martha Circle—meets on the 2nd Thursday of the month at 7:00 pm in the Dixon Lounge. Leader-Karen Roderick, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dorcas Circle—meets on scheduled Saturdays during the summer and early autumn at 9:30 am. Their work is specific to planning and coordinating the annual Trifles'n Treasures garage sale held in October.
- Riverside Sewing Guild #28—these wonderful women meet the first Wednesday of the month at 9:30 am in the hospital's North Medical Building, where they sew items to be used by patients. New members are welcome, and no sewing experience is necessary. Leader-Judye Kirkbride
Our membership also includes honorary and emeritus members; and members at-large, who are active participating members but choose not to meet with a particular circle. Interested in joining? Contact the circle leader or our Membership Coordinator, Jeanne Line, at email@example.com.
Please Note: This year's Trifles 'n Treasures garage sale has been cancelled due to unforseen circumstances. We are continuing to address the issues and hope to return next year. Thank you for your many years of support in making our sale a success and a source of revenue for missions.
January: New Year kick-off for members and/or anyone interested in the UMW. A fun-filled day of learning with videos and presentations about missions we support, small group discussions featuring the Reading Program, service opportunities, devotional and program planning ideas, a craft or service project, and more.
Early Spring and Early Autumn: Social Justice program on an issue important to the UMW and the church. Past sessions have included topics such as human trafficking, domestic violence, health care, immigration, climate justice, racial justice, poverty and hunger.
May: Mother's Day Celebration. Catered luncheon with special programming to honor all mothers. Held every other year.
July: Mission u. Our annual school of mission, a cooperative event sponsored by the West Ohio UMC, West Ohio UMW, and Ohio Northern University. Come join us for in-depth mission studies and many other learning opportunities, inspiring worship services, plus time for relaxation and meditation, exploring the beautiful campus, visiting with old and new friends, and more. Mission u has something for everyone—male, female, adults, youth, and children. We invite you to grow with us in learning and understanding the mission of the church through worship, study, music, and prayer.
Annual Meeting and Christmas Luncheon. Business meeting with election of officers and awards, plus a catered luncheon and special music.
Visit us on Facebook: